Health is wealth, and it is the most important thing of our survival. We can not imagine our life without hospitals. As an inseparable part of life, hospitals are best known for their hospitality. Today’s hospitals are furnished with high-quality infrastructure and state-of-the-art technology to serve the mob.
They have developed their systems also to cure most of the severe diseases. Over a long period, India has got an international reputation as a medical base and it has observed a lot of development in this field along with world-class facilities and affordable prices. In present days Indian doctors are considered as one of the leading professionals in this health care segment across the sphere. Following are the top 10 best, super speciality and biggest hospitals in India in 2021.
Table of Contents
- 10. Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
- 9. NIMHANS (National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience), Bangalore
- 8. JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research), Gorimedu, Puducherry
- 7. Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- 6. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- 5. Fortis Hospital, New Delhi
- 4. Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai
- 3. CMC (Christian Medical College), Vellore
- 2. PGIMER (Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research), Chandigarh
- 1. AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi
10. Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
Lilavati Hospital is one of the best super-speciality hospitals in India. It is a charitable trust by Lilavati Kirtilal Mehta, established in 1978. Lilavati Hospital is a Mumbai-based hospital with world class identification. This hospital provides high tech equipment, best services, staff with the latest facilities.
- Awarded as the best multi-speciality hospital in Metro cities across India, 2012
- Large ICU, more than 300 beds to serve patients
- Around 1500 out-patients and 300 in-patients attended daily
- 12 advanced operation theaters
9. NIMHANS (National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience), Bangalore
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences is a multidisciplinary Central Govt. Institute and an organisation which was established in 1974. The institute is located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. This hospital provides professional facilities with brilliant learning and training. NIMHANS is also popular for the treatment of mental diseases all over India.
- National and International organizations provide resources for the purpose of research
- Institute of National importance
- In-house lunatic asylum
- Affordable care for multidisciplinary ailments
8. JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research), Gorimedu, Puducherry
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research is an autonomous body under the Government of India which offers various medical facilities. The hospital is located at Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu, Puducherry, in Southern India. It is the oldest European medicine teaching medical school, not only in India but also in Asia. The hospital provides the best surgeon, high-quality diagnosis, and treatment, medical investigation, etc with the best health care system.
- More than 350 resident physicians
- More than 3000 nursing, support, and administrative staff
- Campus spread over 195 acres
- Ultra modern facilities, the latest technology
7. Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
The Tata Memorial Hospital was established in 1941, located in Parel, Mumbai. This is the best and topmost hospital for treatment of cancer in this country. The Tata Memorial Hospital collaborates with the Health ministry of India and some efficient medical staff in the country. This hospital is devoted to fighting against this poisonous disease.
- Hurdle free treatment and care for patients
- Best pool of recognized doctors, organized facilities
- Online payment and report service available
- Supportive care in rehabilitation, and counseling of patients
- Psychology, physiotherapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and medical social work
6. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a branch of Apollo Group, considered as the largest telemedicine provider in India. This super specialty hospital covers over 50 surgical and medical disciplines along with its modern technology. It is located at Sarita Vihar, Delhi-Mathura Road, New Delhi. This hospital offers unique clinical services in different fields like Oncology, Cardiology, Nephrology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, Gynecology, Multi-Organ Transplants, Pediatrics, Emergency Care, and Cosmetic Surgery.
- Treatments for 52 specialties available
- The biggest unit for dialysis in India
- Laboratory services accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- Accredited by the JCI USA as the first internationally-accredited Hospital in India and South Asia
- Foremost in India in conducting Liver Transplant (Pediatric)
- Maximum beds for ICU with regards to private hospitals, More than 700 beds for patients
5. Fortis Hospital, New Delhi
Fortis Hospital is one of the top 10 hospitals in India which offers world class treatment with perfect care and hygiene, high-class infrastructures, modern technologies, specialised doctors, trained and friendly staffs. This hospital is a preferred institute for treatment of various medical diseases.
- Globally known brand
- Managed by an expert management group
- High tech equipment and facilities for treating patients
- Comprehensive medical service that includes diagnostics, treatment and perfect patient care
4. Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai
Apollo Hospital was established in 1983 and occupied a unique place among the top 10 finest medical institutions in India. It has 26 branches in its chain across the country and it is the largest private health-care provider in Asia as well as the third largest in the world.
- A unique UHID number for first-time registration
- Credit facility against company’s credit letter
- Emergency Services, Corporate Services, Food & Dietary Services
- Postal facility, Travel Desk
- Single room, Suite room, Executive room, Deluxe room, Semi-Private room, Double
- Sharing room, General ward, Special general ward, and Private suite
- Guest Dining Hall, Waiting-hall for patients and relatives, Ambulance Services
- Place of Worship & Namaz room
3. CMC (Christian Medical College), Vellore
Christian Medical College is a leading name in medical aid, research, and education in India. With the latest technologies, sanitary measures, and cost effective methods, CMC get the tag for medical research as well. This super speciality hospital offers a magnificent helping hand to poor, disabled, disadvantaged and marginalised people. Vellore is also famous for this noble institute of health care across the globe.
- MM Award for Excellence in Healthcare
- The Best hospital Award for Multi-specialty treatments in non-metro regions
- A special Low-Cost Effective Care Unit for serving patients residing in slums
- Over 2600 beds for patient treatments
- Total 95 patient admission wards along with 15 Intensive care units
2. PGIMER (Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research), Chandigarh
PGIMER is one of the leading medical centers of India, established in 1960. PGIMER is located in Chandigarh. In November 2014, PGIMER introduced Robotic Assisted Surgery in India for patients suffered from urinary system disease and it has also earned excellence in the department of lungs, kidney, and eye transplant. Another advantage of this hospital is it produces the best medical brains in India.
- Excellent Indoor Patient and Outdoor Patient Services
- In-house pathology and radiology diagnostic testing
- Consultation services from Specialists and Super-specialist Doctors
- Total Beds (Indoor and Observation) – 1948
- Round-the-clock emergency service
- Ambulatory Services, Medical Store
1. AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, is one of the best multi-specialty hospitals in India, is located in Ansari Nagar, Delhi. This hospital was established in 1956. It is a hospital as well as it offers different learning programs like medicine on Undergraduate and Post Graduate levels. Along with its 11 branches across the country, AIIMS is a group of autonomous public medical institutions of higher education in India. It has been ranked the top most medical Center in Indian ranking. AIIMS maintains high quality, excellent infrastructure and treats patients at a very low cost, which is helpful for common people. AIIMS has an experienced doctor panel for various medical branches such as Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmic science, and Neurosciences department.
- A world-class brand for health-care
- Quality healthcare at affordable rates
- High-tech types of equipment and facilities
- Online portal for patients based on Aadhar based registration
- Online appointments and medical reports for patients
Hospitals are important in a modern man’s life. Without hospitals, the simplest diseases would turn out to be inoperable. The basic saying of the hospitals is to take care of humanity and this is an exceptional service as it secures the sustainability of the human race. Nowadays India is also in the run-up and for this reason, many patients from several countries are coming to India for their treatment as well as betterment.